Wild Wild Night Wild Wild Night

Here from r4r

I think you have a good sense of atmosphere, which is really important if you want to pursue making this style of music.

Pros:
Again, your sense of atmosphere is great
The main melody has a lot of power!
Harmonies usually work with your chords and melody, which is not the easiest thing to pull off
Sound design is generally pretty good, not counting some mixing stuff (I'll get back to that)
Percussion doesn't suck. This is a big problem with a ton of producers on here; one which you don't have. Nice work!

Cons:
The main thing is definitely mixing. Bass being too loud at certain points, EQ being wonky, etc. I highly recommend watching YouTube tutorials on how to achieve a good mix, there are loads of great ones. It's just a bunch of little changes that add up and make the track sound immensely better. Practice is key here! You'll naturally get better as you go.
The song is also very repetitive as well. Though this is largely a personal preference thing, it's pretty much always better to add variation in the melodies over the course of the track.

Suggestions:
Maybe at the drop, have a big release of tension, like a louder cymbal or a downsweep. Whatever you think sounds best. The cymbal you used I thought didn't have enough energy to effectively break that tension you built.
Use plucks or higher percussive noises! Remember this is just a suggestion, so it's entirely up to you, but I think this track could benefit from higher melodies with a harder attack.

Overall, not bad, but the mixing was a big crutch to the overall enjoyability of the track. You're headed in the right direction though, and you definitely are in a good place musically! PM me if you have any questions. Keep it up!

Paranoidhumanoise responds:

Hey man, this really helps me out. One issue i think is the headphones i use. I need to start using speakers again, at least for the mixdown. But yeah mixing has always been my worst, i need more practice for sure. Your response definitely shines some light on what i can work on to improve. Thank you so much for spending the time and writing feedback!

toil toil

Here from R4R

Pros:
- I really really like the tone of this whole track
- The progression is awesome
- The percussion and percussive effects are really great
- The vocals are done well :D

Cons:
- The piano and flute in the beginning are pretty quiet
- The kick needs more punch to it at the drop. Try boosting the highs there
- The mix in general needs a little work. A lot of little adjustments here and there really add up to make the mix sound great

All in all, this is an awesome track, I enjoy your style a lot! Keep going with this stuff, this is good

Kygo and Ellie Goulding - First Time (Mithyx Remix) Kygo and Ellie Goulding - First Time (Mithyx Remix)

Here from R4R

First things first, I have to admit that I haven't heard the original, so I won't be able to compare your remix to that (to see how much you changed it or whatnot).

The vocals and vocal effects are awesome! The piano and drums are well mixed (for the most part. I wasn't the biggest fan of the fill at 1:02)

Ok, the snap could use a little reverb too, and it doesn't sit super well in the mix. That just takes some messing around with EQ. Also, the hats get a little irritating after a while, but that's more of a personal thing than a production thing, don't worry about it too much.

I do really like this track, it has a lot of personality and depth. Awesome work, keep it up!

MithyxSounds responds:

thank you for that detailed review!

yeah, i don't really like the fill either, i dragged it out a bit too long.
and i do wish that i put more reverb on the snap

but thanks! :)

Carie St. Dress Code Carie St. Dress Code

Nice! I like your art style

Bertn1991 responds: