toil toil

Here from R4R

Pros:
- I really really like the tone of this whole track
- The progression is awesome
- The percussion and percussive effects are really great
- The vocals are done well :D

Cons:
- The piano and flute in the beginning are pretty quiet
- The kick needs more punch to it at the drop. Try boosting the highs there
- The mix in general needs a little work. A lot of little adjustments here and there really add up to make the mix sound great

All in all, this is an awesome track, I enjoy your style a lot! Keep going with this stuff, this is good

Kygo and Ellie Goulding - First Time (Mithyx Remix) Kygo and Ellie Goulding - First Time (Mithyx Remix)

Here from R4R

First things first, I have to admit that I haven't heard the original, so I won't be able to compare your remix to that (to see how much you changed it or whatnot).

The vocals and vocal effects are awesome! The piano and drums are well mixed (for the most part. I wasn't the biggest fan of the fill at 1:02)

Ok, the snap could use a little reverb too, and it doesn't sit super well in the mix. That just takes some messing around with EQ. Also, the hats get a little irritating after a while, but that's more of a personal thing than a production thing, don't worry about it too much.

I do really like this track, it has a lot of personality and depth. Awesome work, keep it up!

MithyxSounds responds:

thank you for that detailed review!

yeah, i don't really like the fill either, i dragged it out a bit too long.
and i do wish that i put more reverb on the snap

but thanks! :)

TheFatRat ft. Laura Brehm - Monody (GTB Remix) [NG cut] TheFatRat ft. Laura Brehm - Monody (GTB Remix) [NG cut]

You got shafted in the R4R thread so here I am to give you an actual review.

Intro sounds really tight, good mixing right off the bat! The only tiny little thing I noticed was the crash cymbals on 2 and 4 were a little loud. Other than that, your mixing and EQ are consistently really good throughout the entire song, so very well done!

Delay and reverb on the vocals are good.

Melodically, there's not a ton going on. That's probably my main issue with this track: it's not very memorable.

It is also a little repetitive, but I get that that's the style, and it doesn't sound bad or anything, so that's just more of a personal note.

I filled this review with some more negative comments, but just to be clear, this is a super solid track! I enjoyed it :)

Carie St. Dress Code Carie St. Dress Code

Nice! I like your art style

Bertn1991 responds: